Observations made from a bench on an afternoon by the Charles River
1. Scuba diver in full wetsuit and flippers diving for treasure or possibly just fixing the dock.
2. A hawk so still and high in midair that it looks like a UFO.
3. Traffic on Storrow Dr. and the Longfellow Bridge, a pity on such a beautiful afternoon.
4. A man with webbed feet that, upon closer inspection, are those water shoes resembling socks.
5. A Community Boating newbie headed straight for the bridge.
6. Busy river traffic: a kayaker dodging the sailboats, a colorful Duck Boat, and a no-nonsense State Police boat.
7. The requisite runners, rollerbladers, and cyclists in shorts. Finally.
8. Ducks gliding in for a river landing like tiny planes.