I have five observations to make about the lameness of current movie fare:
1. You’re not crazy. There are two movies about mall cops out there right now. That’s two. Movies about mall cops.
2. Why does the director of Little Miss Sunshine and Sunshine Cleaning feel compelled to stick the word “sunshine” in both his movie titles and center the films on dysfunctional families (with Alan Arkin) traveling around in a van?
3. Hannah Montana: The Movie. Really, kids? Really? Are you not over this character yet?
4. To the guys behind Fast & Furious: remember how ridiculous Rocky XV was?
5. Did the genius who titled his movie Gomorrah not anticipate that everyone would refer to his movie as gonorrhea?